These days instant messaging has taken over the internet as a boon. Credit goes to the introduction of smartphones, because of which people have easy internet access. People are connected to their dear ones with just a tap of screen, so let us commend the massive technological advancement in the field of telecommunication and computing. Earlier, other than calling up their friends, people used to text them. Texting required (and still does) patience as often it took a little time in sending/receiving messages. This monotonicity was shattered with the coming of smartphones and the introduction to instant messaging. With this evolution, there came different instant messaging services and apps, like this Messenger.
About HikeAPK Messenger-
CAccording to Wikipedia, it is a joint venture between Bharti Enterprises and SoftBank, and as on August, 2016, it managed to raise over 1.4 billion dollars, which is one of the highest revenues ever raised by an Indian start-up. Till date, it is regarded as one of the very few ‘Made in India’ products that have gained so much local popularity. It is full of features which make it drool-worthy, and because of that, it is loved by millions of users.
Features of Hike Messenger-
- It has a chat theme option, which allows the user to set the theme of the chat-room as per his/her mood. Apart from adding themes, one can also set their favourite photo as their chat wallpaper.
- In early 2015, Hike introduced voice and audio calling. It is entirely free of cost, with great quality. Apart from that,Hike also has Hike2SMS (in India) which allows Indian users to text non-Hike users for free!
- Hike even has a timeline feature, which displays your shared information, like status, profile picture, bio etc. They also have introduced stories (just like Snapchat,WhatsApp, Facebook etc.) which is also a great way to share your mood through photos and doodles. FYI, stories disappear after 48 hours, unlike other apps where it disappears in just 24 hours.
- There also is a hidden mode that enables you to hide your chat/chats and set a password.Those chats becomesaccessible only with a password.
- Banking is another great feature which Hike offers to its users. They can add, send or receive money to their Hike Wallets. Mobile banking becomes easy with Hike installed on your device. Payments are made through UPI.
- Hike also has a group-chat feature which allows up to 1000 people to chat in a group. It is a great way to interact with a group of people at once.
- Hike does not consume much data and it does not even require much a very fast internet connection. Thus, people can use it on 2G or even Edge powered networks. That mentioned, those of you who do not wish to use your data much, they can chat with their friends using the Hike Direct feature. You and your friend should be within 100 meters of range and let Hike do the rest for you.
- Some other features range from controlling the privacy of your last seento your status visibility. News is also available on Hike, so along with chatting with your buddies, get improve your general awareness as well.
How to install this Messenger?
- Download the .APK file online, and save it to a safe location on your device.
- Go to Settings > Security Settings > Tap on Enable Installation from Unknown Sourcesto enable it.
- Using a file manager, find the downloaded .APK file and tap on it to being the installation.